My Tumblr Crushes:
My Tumblr Crushes:
the original nolanverse selina kyle.
i n d i e ; p a n f a n d o m ; p o s t - t d k r
Currently Post "Arc: Lion Trap;" Location: Gotham & Chicago
This account is based off of The Dark Knight Rises, as well as off the Batman mythos as created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane. I don't own anything to do with the films and comics -- or their respective media couterparts. I'm not affiliated with Anne Hathaway, either.
[ Note that it is not comciverse, but is certainly based on comic, video game, and animated series counterparts, and has developed into panfandom interactions.]
Please be sure to read all tabs on this page, as well as the dossier. If you write with me as though I'm well-established in your canon in a way that contradicts my own history (without first discussing it with me), I will stop responding.
1. This blog may be NSFW. Those posts are tagged, and relevant threads will be under a cut, in addition. NSFW threads may also be written in chat. I am a legal adult, and so is Selina. There will be absolutely no smut with minors, no exceptions.
2. No AUs**. Relationships are confined to one universe, and I do not multiship.
3. I welcome both script and prose, on the following tenets: Reply speed is time-dependent; please know that I'm a busy person and that script is usually easiest for me to get to. I also like to use prose to put focus on action threads, development, and relationships, so please note that if I have to put a limit on prose threads because of my schedule, those kinds of threads will absolutely take top priority.
4. While I'd love to follow everyone back, my dashboard is pretty clogged, and I do have problems with focus sometimes -- therefore, I don't follow people back, automatically. Please don't take it personally! If we interact enough, I may follow you back.
5. IC =/= OOC. Personal issues will be addressed in private.
6.I use a lot of gif reactions -- please let me know if there's something I'm using that you'd like taken down (provided you are the creator of the gif!); I'll take it down right away.
RE: ICON USE: With the exception of one really minor set (of maybe 9 or 10 icons), all icons that I will be using that are from are created by me and exclusively for this blog. All gifcons (125x125 or 100x100 gifs) are mine as well. For that reason, I ask that you please not use them in any capacity.
6. I respect that there are multiples and a multiverse, but interaction with me that mentions another Catwoman/Selina in a thread will not be accepted well (a few minor exceptions, and you know who you are). It doesn’t make sense IC for me, and OOC it won’t, either. I appreciate your consideration in advance.
7. Regarding OCs: I will write with anyone at all, but as a general rule, I cannot accept children of Selina's by any means. Additionally, if your OC claims to be involved with something in Selina's backstory or in her canon (movieverse) that I haven't okayed ahead of time, I definitely won't interact. That also includes children of Bruce Wayne's, etc. Apologies in advance.
8. I reserve the right not to write with you if I don't feel like it's working out. Make sure you read the rules and about page, and this shouldn't be a problem!
9. If you'd like to write something with me, send me a message, or tag me in it. I love spontaniety, and I don't necessarily like planning everything out, so feel free to jump in and keep the game going.
10. Due to recent incidents with plagiarism and copying, be apprised that I absolutely, 100%, will call you out if I see anything lifted from any of my pages. I respect all roleplayers, and am friends with several others who also write as Selina Kyle. However, my creations -- writing, headcanons, theme edits, edits, etc. -- are my own. You will be given a warning, and if, after that, I see that you are still plagiarising, I will take it up to tumblr staff.
11. IMPORTANT: if you are comicverse or any other verse -- please don't assume your character already knows Selina. If you are a robin, for instance, you most certainly won't, as the only "Robin" in the Nolanverse is John Blake (and he doesn't even really count as one). I can play around with how Selina might know certain villains, depending on their bases of operation and how feasibly they might fit into Nolan's world (if they'd been on the East End / the Narrows / Old Town, etc., where Selina lives, or in prison with her), but for safety's sake, please don't assume. You are welcome to message me if you think your character might already know Selina. Also important to note that this doesn't mean they can't know each other. It just means they don't know each other prior to interaction.
12. Lastly, just remember basic RP courtesy!
**If I'm approached about a full-out AU (steampunk, dieselpunk, noir, world war, etc.), I have a sideblog for those kinds of things that is directly linked with this interpretation of Selina, and will gladly participate from there.
This blog is based off of Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, and is set post-Dark Knight Rises. This means that I have had to craft Selina's story after the film. Please make sure you review this section before interacting, so we're on the same page.
1.Selina was given the Clean Slate program, but at the end of the day, she didn't use it, due to an inability to let go of her identity and past. She has it available should the day come that she has no other choice but to use it. What this means is that Selina still has a record on her, and has been extremely careful about things.
2. She and Bruce spent around eight months out of the country; at present, they aren't together as a couple. Their relationship is complicated, but there are lingering feelings.
3. Thanks to the Blackgate arc, Selina ended up getting framed for a crime she didn't commit. With the help of allies, Selina broke free.
4. Currently, she resides in Narrows county with Holly Robinson.
5. Story-wise, Selina's identity as 'The Cat' is pretty well known. Also important to note that she's never actually been called Catwoman in the Nolan universe. At best, the media has called her 'The Cat,' but her identity is no secret (the goggles are used to scrutinize details, allowing for safe-cracking and better focus while on a bike, as an example), so if she's called that, she'll probably just ignore it.
She may use the Clean Slate in the future, at which point she'd have to get off the grid completely, but if she were recognized under the suit, it would be no surprise. AS OF NOW, THE CLEAN SLATE ARC -- ARC: LION TRAP IS COMPLETE. This means that Selina's slate is wiped clean, but she's in the process of collecting any hard copy files under her name. Accepting jobs will be very, very rare, but she's going off the grid for a while before she creeps back into "the life."
6. Selina's involvement with Batman, and with Gotham, is based off Rises. Her own personal history is based off comics, video games, etc. As a result, it's fairly easy to create storylines and scenarios for her to interact with you, irrespective of verse.
This blog was created on January 17, 2012, and was the first Nolanverse Selina Kyle on tumblr, twitter, and other social media platforms.
I have several methods of contact. If you’d like to write or plot, propose a fan viral (yes, they've been done before, here), or anything else, send me a message here and I’ll give you my information. I should be pretty easy to contact, so if you need to, just send me a message!